8/31/2009

My Fall Catalogue Picks Part II

SECOND STOP: POTTERY BARN

I just got my Pottery Barn fall catalogue and thought I would share my favorite fall items. See Below:

Wood Oar, 5 with Stars

These oars give me a bit of nostalgia of my college days, at Northeastern University. I had several friends on the crew team. I wanted to show the display of them hanging or just leaning in a corner ~ sometimes objects make a unique substitute for wall art.

Alternate View

These Oversized Wine Bottles (See Below) look like something you would find at a flea market back East or in Europe. For “us” Californians, we can do the next best thing and walk into our local Pottery Barn Store. I want these for myself to either put on the dining room table or next to the fireplace.

Found Oversized Wine Bottles

I’ve been looking at oversized baskets, to use as a base for a palm plant I bought. But, most of the ones I saw, were either the wrong color or not chunky enough. Believe it or not, I’m a basket snob. There is nothing worse than a cheap looking basket. Pottery Barn has a great collection of natural sea grass and weaved baskets this season. I’m thinking of the round Beachcomber Basket (See Below) for my large palm (I would love it in chocolate brown) and a rectangular for my used newspapers for recycling.

Beachcomber Basket, Round, Extra-Large

I like the rustic feel of these baskets below. They would be great in a kitchen on the floor with your wine bottles or in a bathroom with rolled towels.

Open Weave Baskets, Set of 3

Winters coming ~ what a nice way to display your firewood with these Winston Baskets. Winston Baskets

Hemp and Linen are in these season, see my blog below “Valley Girl for a Day”. This is a great way to get a reproduction at a fraction of the cost.

Alternate View

I liked the concept of this bar piece (See Below). When I first saw it, I was worried that it would like like it was trying to hard, but upon viewing it, Pottery Barn captured the antique rustic look well. The hardware gives the impression of being old and worn, and the wood looks like old rafters from a farm house. For people that don’t have the space for a built-in bar, this would make an exceptional alterative. It has a bottle cap opener on the side, and it has an opening on the top and bottom where you can put your bottles or barware. The piece looks much more authentic in person. This would be a welcome addition in my home.

Markham Console Bar

For the boyfriend, husband, son, or man in your life – these glasses below make a great gift for that avid sports guy. All the MLB teams are available. Of course, there would be nothing but the Red Sox in our house!

I MLB™ Glassware

PHOTO CREDITS: All Photos Pottery Barn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails