Yesterday, my girlfriend Nick (Nicole to some, Nick to me) was hosting a ladies Garden Party Luncheon at her home. She’s an amazing entertainer, the consummate host, and superb cook. She invited a number of her girlfriends including me and ten other girls. Initially, we were all to wear dresses at her request but due to the weather forecast she advised us we could wear pants if we wanted too. It turned out to be a beautiful day. We both love to entertain and are always trying to come up with fun and creative ways to bring our friends together. With anything that she plans, you can be assured it will be a fun filled day. She even had ten trivia questions that everyone had to answer and whoever, got the most right won a $10.00 gift certificate to Whole Foods. Congratulations Tuti!
Nick always makes entertaining look for effortless (even when she spent all weekend preparing). I equate entertaining to interior design, it’s a skill, an art, and it all has to come together. Anyone can throw a fabulous party when you have money or decorate a house but I love seeing what everyday people do on real budgets. I had such a great time, I had to share the pictures with you. I hope it inspires you to have your own garden party!
Her back yard space behind her apartment. She planted all these flowers herself.
Friends Below: Sanam and Denise
The Beautiful Table Setting
Flower arrangements up close, made by Nick in pretty red vases.
Friends Below: Ann (me), Tuti, Sanam, Nick (the hostess)
Instead of wine charms, she used stickers and put each persons initials. Clever idea.
Mixed nuts with Spices
Fresh Zucchini Soup with Goat Cheese Rounds topped with Fresh Chives
Homemade Grilled Pizzas topped with Pesto, Cheese, Mushrooms, Artichokes, Tomatoes, & Basil
Mixed Green Salad with Chick Peas, Cheese, Salami & Your Choice of Dressing
Nick and I use to work with Tuti. We just reconnected and it was the first time I saw her and her daughter Sanam in ten years. How fun! What a great picture.
Cheers to You! I hope you have a FABULOUS week!
ITEMS USED FOR PARTY:
- Tables & Chairs were Rented at her local Rental Shop.
- She used Red & White Fabric to enhance the table.
- All Vases are from Home Goods / She used four.
- Flowers were from a local flower shop / discount store. She bought various greens and flowers and made her our arrangements.
- Dishes are actually plastic from Target.
- Wine Glasses are plastic as well from Target.
- Stickers were used for the initials on the wine glasses.
- She made her own napkin rings tying paper ribbon with a number.
- Soup bowls are from Crate and Barrel.