1/02/2011

Feeling Cozy

Happy New Year everyone.  I hope you all had a fabulous New Year.  I’m looking forward to 2011 and sharing with you my goals and aspirations for the New Year.  Today it’s raining here in Manhattan Beach.  Like New Englanders experiencing lots of snow, we have had our share of rain to the point that this girl who craves it periodically, is like ENOUGH!   However, it has afforded me the opportunity to catch up on all my TiVo, movies, and magazines that have been piling up over the last few months.  I get every home magazine known to man, even styles that are not my esthetic.  I think it’s important to stay well versed and well rounded.  I found this charming space in Traditional Homes November issue…I was surprised since most of their interiors tend to me more traditional.  I found this house warm and cozy and of course, I’m a sucker for white painted high ceilings. See below and let me know what you think.  I love her mix of traditional and classic with ethnic pieces in her living room.

This room feels fresh to me.  The furniture is timeless and I love the pop of color.  Paint is one of the great ways to make a room feel updated and as colors and trends change the furniture remains classic and you can change the paint color.

For the beach girl, this would be my ideal type of kitchen in our beach house.  I appreciate the red, however, I would have likely done some variation of sea blue.  However, I love this white kitchen. For a small space, I love how it functions and the high ceilings.

This is my ideal bedroom.  I know for some. Boring but for me it feels so light, clean, etc.  Love the dark vs. the white.

Anything with white marble…you’ve sold me.

The charming little sitting area at the top of the stairs is warm and inviting.  I think a window seat would have looked great here, what do you think?

All Photos:  via Traditional Home and photography by Joe Schmelzer

Looking forward to the New Year and sharing it with you all!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ann,
I too liked this home and dog eared the page (I confess to actually enjoying Traditional Home most months). The things I liked most was the white painted ceiling, as you mentioned. Did you notice its sheen---it was painted with a fairly high gloss and I really like the light reflecting from it. I also love the little picture lamps mounted on the bookcase. The black, open shelves in the kitchen area are wonderful and the bedroom is so fresh and cozy.
Yep, sorry to whine, but I'm so ready for more of the sunshine we enjoyed on Friday and Saturday this past weekend.
Looking forward to 2011 too!
Karen

quintessence said...

Lovely house - especially love the dining room! I think Traditional Home is getting more and more sophisticated and now with their joint venture with Lonny, they will also attract a younger audience.

Peggy and Fritz said...

Karen thanks for the comments and regarding the rain. I couldn't agree more. Rain, Rain go away please.

Quintessence thanks so much for the comments. I love that you post about wine :) I didn't realize they had a joint venture with Lonny. That's good to know.

Christi said...

I've been enjoying this rainy weather, too! I like the dining room. It is such a perfect mix. Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails