7/05/2010

Table Settings for the Holidays

I wanted to post some of our tabletop pictures from the 4th of July.  Many of my family members are not on Facebook so this post is for them.  I used an old farm table and covered it with a block print tablecloth, I got at the Long Beach flea market.  The runner is burlap and the centerpieces are antique silver tea pots with white hydrangeas and red flowers in the middle.  I cannot for the life of me recall the name of the flowers but they were the perfect touch of red.  The bar cart still has not been repainted (I’ve been a busy lady), but I still used it for the party.  I put the wine glasses on it and put the drinks on a mosaic table I had in back.  I pulled pillows from inside to anchor the two large chairs that flanked the ends of the farm table.

Our appetizers consisted of prosciutto and melon with arugula and feta cheese (compliments of Marcie) as well as various gourmet cheeses.  We had some yummy food (see post on potatoes).  We grilled spicy garlic chicken and marinated flank steak, grilled artichokes (with lemon, olive oil, and garlic), fingerling potatoes, and a orzo salad with sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese and arugula.  Dessert was compliments of my friend, Nick.  She made homemade cheesecakes with raspberry filling and one with lemon curd topped with whip cream and blueberries and raspberries.  I have amazing friends who are great cooks and helped in making our day extra special.  I’m also grateful to my friend Erin her boyfriend Petro who made the trek from the big city LOL!  XO XO!  Also, I put in a few pictures to put a face with a name!  Hope you had a great day celebrating.

 

The flea market bar cart – still not painted!  I know, I know, I know!

Front yard (see below), picture is a little blue.

Setting up the drink table (see below). 

P1010359

My friend Nick (See Below) made these unbelievable mini cheesecakes.  YUMMY!  I had the lemon curd one for breakfast.

The helpers (see below) Sash (Nick’s hubby) and Blake (my boyfriend) relaxing after me driving them crazy getting everything ready.

P1010022

Erin and Petro – How cute are they (see below)?

The Couple Picture (see below) ~ Left to Right: Petro, Nick, Sash, Me, Blake and Erin.

Maureen and Ms. Ginger

The girls late night – we were freezing. Left to Right:  Ann – Maureen, Nick, and Marcie.

2 comments:

rosiecampbell said...

I found you through Beach Bungalow 8 who "outed" you! (: How beautiful your party looked.

Peggy and Fritz said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. That was so nice of Megan! I'm behind on reading my posts as I love her blog. That is so sweet of her. She is an amazing talent and she's a great inspiration. Thank you for your kind comments and stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails