12/07/2009

I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas

Sometimes living in LA it’s hard to get in the holiday spirit.  There’s something about New England that sings Christmas!  Warm coats, hot cocoa, the hustle and the bustle of the city, a fire roaring, hot apple cider, ice skating, Christmas caroling, and people tend to be a little friendlier.  It’s felt a little like Christmas here today – it’s in the 50’s, raining, and cold.  Very rare in LA but it’s the closest I have felt to Christmas thus far this season.  However, growing up in Connecticut, nothing beats New England during the holidays!

This house reminds me of where I grew up in Connecticut. This is a perfect example of why I love New England during the holidays!

Imagine cuddling up in front of the fire with your flannel pj’s and hot cocoa (see above and below).

Hot Cocoa on a Cool Fall Evening

 

Hot buttered rum is a must at holiday parties, especially when it’s snowing and cold (see above)!

The center of town where I grew up in Chester, CT (see above) and ice skating on our local pond (see below).  Nothing better than having your warm winter coat on, mittens, scarf, ear muffs or hat on while your ice skating.  You maybe wearing some bruises at the end of the day, depending on what kind of skater you are!

Skating on one of CHester's many ponds.

I remember as a kid going around our neighborhood with my mom and the Fortier’s Christmas caroling.  

 

Nothing says Christmas like the Rockettes’ (see above) and the New York City Ballet (see below) performing the Nutcracker in NYC.  

 

Just to make sure your reading my blog, I saved the best for last!  Gotta love New England, only in Boston, would people run a road race in speedo’s during the holidays.  The Santa Speedo Run is an annual run that raises money for local charities.  You have the good, bad and the ugly but the great spirited.  Isn’t that what the holidays are all about.

PHOTO CREDITS:  Photo 1:  Country Living,  Photo 2: Twinklepostit, Photo 3 through 8:  Please email me if you know the actual photographer for proper crediting, Photo 9:  Paul Kolnik, Photo 10: Santa Speedo Run

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails