12/10/2009

Holiday Decorating

It’s my favorite time of the year for decorating. This is when I wish my check book was as big as my holiday decorating ideas.  I just picked out my tree the other day and will be posting pictures soon.  This is when I wish I had three or four houses so I could do a different color scheme in each house.  Living in warm weather makes it hard to get in the holiday spirit.  Living at the beach, presents a challenge and I tend to go with a more neutral holiday palette.  I am looking for ideas to freshen up our house, table top ideas for our Christmas Eve dinner with friends, and food and wine pairing to complete the evening.  Here are some photos of houses and table top designs that are a source of my holiday inspiration.  I have bought some paper whites and have put them in various containers and sprinkled them around the house.  My favorite is in my grandmothers silver casserole dish – it’s the perfect place to plant them or any old silver dishes you find at the flea market.  I’ll post them when they start to grow.   I’m excited for Christmas Eve to use these votives I bought in Colorado, they are inserted into wine bottles and have four candle holders.  They are going to look so pretty on the table.  I will be sure to take pictures so you get the full effect.  I want to incorporate some of the concept ideas below. Now if I could only have the cash in the bank to fulfill these decorating ideas.  Stay tuned.

 

I wanted to do this below with the paper whites in my vintage tea pots.  I love how this looks.

Go for the Gold (and Silver, Too) Holiday Sparkle

Shell Shocked

Doesn’t this petite cake below  look so festive – I love the tall candles!

   

 

PHOTO CREDITS:  Photo 1 and 2 – Veranda Magazine Online, Photo 3, 4, and 5 – Coastal Living Online. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails