4/22/2010

Living Room Inspiration

I’m looking for some concept ideas for our living room.  As you all know, we live in a rented beach house.  We are limited in what we can do, not because my landlord won’t let us change things but because I don’t want to buy furniture for this house that might not work somewhere else.  Therefore, I’m making it work like Tim Gunn would say…  I don’t want to spend a lot of money until we are in a house.  Our couch is on it’s last legs.  I bought it was Quatrine 13 years ago for $2500.00.   It’s been good to me.  It was in mint condition until my boyfriend and I moved in together (SHHH! Don’t tell him I said that!).   I also have two slipper type chairs I found on craigs list and I’m looking to reupholster them in an Ikat fabric from Madeline Weintrab or John Robshaw or some kind of strip or bold pattern in a beachy blue.  I’m been looking for inspiration and recently saw Ellen Pompeo’s house featured in Elle Decor.  I love her living room for it’s simplicity.  The blue tones are a little bit darker that what I want to do but I love how clean and edited her living room is (see below).   I also posted some other rooms that are serving as color and texture inspiration.  Take a look and let me know what you think, I’m always looking for feedback.

ellen-pompeo-hollywood-home-ED0510-02.jpg

I love this room.  It is actually the home of a woman that lives in Hermosa Beach.  She has a store in Manhattan Beach where I live called, Waterleaf Interiors.   It was recently featured in Coastal Living.  I love the colors and textures she used in creating this room ~ the blue rattan color is the exact color I’m looking to redo my  living room. 

 

I love the next three below for color inspiration.

Pretty sky blue living room: Glazed walls + painted mantle + silver accents by xJavierx.

Pretty pale blue living room: 'Seafoam' by Benjamin Moore by xJavierx. 

This room is a great example of mixing the old with the new.  I love classic white sofa with a blend of fabrics paired ethnic chairs.  The blue velvet ottoman gives the room a more elegant feeling and the blend of antiques in the background makes the room feel like it’s been collected through ones travels or passed down through the generations.

I love this for our house.  I like the mixture of rattan, with a cleaned lined chair, the pop of color in the light, the zebra print which is always classic and the large plant in the corner adds another element to the room.

 

The Living Room

 

Photo Credits:  Photo 1:  Elle Decor / Photo 2:  Coastal Living / Photo 3, 4, 5,: Domino / Photo 6, 7:  Windsor Smith /  Photo 8:  Southern Living / Photo 8, 9: Source Unknown

1 comment:

Peggy and Fritz said...

Thanks Nicole - I like number 2 - it's very beachy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails