5/07/2011

Yes, I’m Back “ON A ROLL”

Well I’m back…took a little hiatus.  After emailing back and forth with a fellow blogger and sharing our stories of what’s appropriate and what’s not in the blogging world and how sometimes we just want to put it out there but due to crazy people, nosy people, or people who should simply mind their own bee’z wax…you can’t.   Ah! The dilemma with blogging.  Out of respect for her privacy, she knows who she is…I just want to say thanks for lighting a fire under my arse :)  Also, I work off a MAC but use the Windows side (I have a dual computer) for blogging because I can use live writer and I was running out of disk space.  I need to find a program like Live Writer for the MAC.  Does anyone have any solutions?

Back to blogging…I was reading my April issue of C Magazine.  For those of you who have not read it, it’s a new magazine covering all of California.  I love the magazine.  I first learned about the magazine from Brooke at Velvet and Linen.  Of course, I’m magazine obsessed and couldn’t believe I had not heard of this publication.  Of course, I had to check it out.  One peep and I was hooked, subscription and all. 

There was a fabulous article (I feel like Kimora Lee Simons from Baby Phat because I always say fabulous LOL) on Alix Soubiran.  She is the amazing and talented artist behind the wallpaper designs (see below) for Princesandcrows.com.  She was trained as a muralist in Paris and began her career in Interior Design for various celebrities and high profile clients in Palm Beach, Europe, and the West Indies.  She went into wallpaper design because she said she had something to say that could not be said through murals. I found the creative process very interesting.  She would paint a prototype and her husband would apply her art work and colors via the computer to Pantone (the king of colors) and then the designs would be printed on various sources of material such as paper, metallic, and vinyl.

When I first saw some of her designs, they reminded me of something you would see in Morocco.  I thought how amazing these designs would also look on tile.  HMMM!  Maybe Ms. Alix needs to think of creating a line of tile.  Check out her designs on line and see why I was so inspired when I saw them in a room. 

 

 

 

All Photo Credits:   Princess and Crows

Look for lots of new posts.  I was in New York two weeks ago for business and took a detour to Connecticut for the weekend to see my parents.  It was the first time I had seen spring in 15 years in Connecticut.  My how things have changed.  I am going to do a whole week of blogging about the tri-town area.  Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ann,
So glad your back.
I love C Magazine. I love some of the wallpaper designs, not sure I know where I use it in my own home, at least for now, but I know there will come a time.
My grandmother lived in Connecticut for some time and I always loved the state...when I first visited I thought it felt like home! (I'm a So.Cal gal born and raised but there was something so wonderful about the fell of Connecticut). I look forward to your sharing your story.
You've been missed.
Karen

quintessence said...

I love the Prince and Crows papers. So charming!! Can't believe you were here in CT - wish I'd known!!

Peggy and Fritz said...

Thanks Karen, you are always so sweet!

DolceDreams said...

Thanks for sharing such amazing talent! Stunning designs, and I agree, tiles would be divine. Sorry to hear you had some negative energy, aren't some people just so unhappy that they have to try make others like them...sad.
Have a great Sunday,
Nathalie
I don't often comment but always enjoy reading your posts via e-mail :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails